Careers | Life at LMI
What makes LMI different? Unlike some manufacturers who simply ride the tide of the industry, hiring when business is booming and down-sizing when the economy tightens up, our focus is on long-term success. We seek strategic, long-term business relationships with our customers; a balance of industry sectors (commercial, business and regional, and defense); and selective domestic and international suppliers to help ensure our viability in a highly cyclical industry. We take pride in the longevity of our workforce, our goal of job security, and the contributions we make to our communities.
- A Stake in the Outcome - We believe all employees should share in our success. Through our base and variable compensation programs, we provide various opportunities for employees to participate in both our short-term and long-term success.
- A Team Approach - Our employees are organized in work teams and have a high degree of control over their work processes. They are involved in many aspects of our business and we recognize the stake they have in LMI’s success. Flexibility is key as we strive to continuously improve our products, processes and services. Cross training is essential, as is the desire and ability to learn and improve. Collaboration, participation and cooperation are required of all employees.
- Advancement - As a growing company, we strive to promote from within as well as bring in new people with different skill sets and perspectives. We post available jobs at all of our locations and encourage employees to seek new LMI opportunities and recommend friends or former colleagues for employment at our company. We value our employees and the diverse experiences, ideas and opinions they bring to work every day. Pay and advancement opportunities are based on skills and performance, rather than seniority, and employees are encouraged to take part in the various training and education programs we offer.
- Safe Work Environment - We work together to achieve a safe and healthy environment for all. Through our safety teams and the involvement of all employees, we define safe work practices, processes and behaviors to meet our goal of zero accidents and zero injuries.
- Careers and Education - We offer a career not just a job, and we want to help you achieve your goals now and in the future. We provide tuition assistance for funding your education, memberships in professional organizations, attendance at outside seminars and workshops, and internal training opportunities.
- Work/Life Balance - We know that life is more than work and through our benefit programs, employment practices and management approach we work for the success of the company, the individual and their families.
We work hard to incorporate our values in every decision we make and every action we take. They are the foundation of our success and define how we work together:
- LET’S DO THE RIGHT THING
- We act with consideration for our people, partners, customers, shareholders, communities and resources.
- We do what’s right even when we think no one’s looking, and when we make mistakes, we own them and fix them.
- We openly share information and insights as appropriate.
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE & SEEK THE BEST IN EVERYONE
- We expect the best in ourselves and help others to find the best in themselves.
- We assume the best of others and are open to other perspectives.
- We actively listen to create understanding, and ask questions no matter how tough.
- IMAGINE SOMETHING GREATER
- We look to see the bigger picture – how our work helps to serve our customers, how our individual successes link to LMI’s success, and to understand the challenges and opportunities shaping our business.
- We reach out to others across the organization for insights that help guide decisions and generate ideas.
- We continually look for and are open to better ways to do things and think about how to make LMI a better company.
LMI Aerospace, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates, embraces a culture of respect and expects participation, collaboration and innovative problem solving from every employee. We believe that diversity of opinions, experiences and perspectives is critical to our success. LMI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.